This week's Triviadventure will be about books made into movies. I've been thinking, and I'm going to start doing a series of "Book vs. Movie" postings. Of course, I'll have to rewatch and reread before doing so. Anyway, you should answer all the questions and specify which book you'd like as your prize if you end up winning. It is open INTERNATIONALLY anywhere The Book Depository ships. (Thaaat's you, Elle!!) Good luck!
1. This upcoming movie is based on a book that is arguably the biggest phenomenon since Harry Potter and Twilight. The book is the first in a trilogy and is currently being filmed in North Carolina.
2. This movie contains a theme song that makes everyone want to get the hell out of the ocean. Written by Peter Benchley in 1975, the movie contains the famous line, "We're gonna need a bigger boat."
3. Oh man, this movie is so scary for a kid. Starring Anjelica Huston and based on a book by Roald Dahl, this story is about a young boy who is turned into a mouse by some, shall we say, evil women.
4. Jack Nicholson is totally insane in this movie. Based on a book by Stephen King, this movie features creepy identical twins and REDRUM...
5. What is dust, anyway? This book was made into a movie with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. The sequels have yet to be filmed (if they ever will be) but they are entitled The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.
6. This upcoming movie is based on a bestseller from last year. The book tells the story of a Southern woman who writes and exposé on maids in a Mississippi town.
7. The subject of this book/movie is women's writing (Nüshu) in China over the years. It tells the story of a very special friendship (laotong) between two women. The book was written by Lisa See.
8. This girl's head goes completely around. Written by William Peter Blatty, this movie contains the famous line, "The power of Christ compels you!"
9. A lifelong friendship and romance is the subject of this 2009 book by David Nicholls. The characters are named Emma and Dexter and will be played by Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess.
10. Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo starred in the adaptation of this book by Dennis Lehane. The story follows cops onto an island off the coast of Massachusetts that houses a sanitarium where someone has gone missing.
You should give the title and author of each of the books and then pick which one you'd like if you win. The contest will be open until Tuesday, July 12th at 9pm (PST). The winner will be picked by a randomizer from all completely correct entries and I will notify the winner by email. Good luck!
Oh, and one more thing, if you follow me on twitter (@thereadventurer), it will be +1 entry, if you are a follower of this blog, it is +1, and if you tweet about it, it is +1.