Oh, and the winners of the New Zealand Triviadventure from eons ago were Maja C. and Lisa O. (two of my favorite Europeans!) Congrats, lovelies!
1) Who doesn't love a bit of incest? (kidding!) This book, set in England, features a large family including siblings named Tiffin, Kit, Willa, Maya and Lochan and a *cough* over-the-line romance.
ANSWER: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
2) The lesson from this book is this: If you are ever thinking of living in the wilderness in Alaska, BE PREPARED...and definitely know which foods are edible in nature. (hint: the author is Jon Krakauer.)
ANSWER: Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
3) Anjelica Huston creeps the hell out of me in the movie of this book. Written by Roald Dahl, this children's classic was illustrated by Quentin Blake and includes children being turned into mice.
ANSWER: The Witches by Roald Dahl
4) This is a novella based in Orson Scott Card's Enderverse. In this book, the kids at Battle School are in a tizzy about celebrating (or not celebrating) holidays.
ANSWER: War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card
5) This is the first book in the Steve Vail series by Noah Boyd. In this installment, a criminal group is blackmailing the FBI.
ANSWER: The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd
6) A movie based on this book was recently released with Kristen Scott Thomas playing the lead. The plot involves a woman who moves into an apartment in Paris and tries to find out what happened to the family that lived there during WWII.
ANSWER: Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
7) This book is based on the ballad "Scarborough Fair." Written by Nancy Werlin, the plot involves date rape, teen pregnancy, and much more.
ANSWER: Impossible by Nancy Werlin
8) This is the first in a series about a family of private investigators. It was first published in 2007 and the audiobook was narrated by Ari Graynor. (but I have the regular book.)
ANSWER: The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
9/10) These two books are the first two in a series by Melissa de la Cruz. Vampires! In New York City!
ANSWER: Blue Bloods and Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz
11) I wish I could just say "this is my favorite children's book" and call it a day. Alas, I have to be more informative. This is a mystery whodunit where all the people trying to solve the mystery are tenants in an apartment building. The author of the book also illustrates books and illustrated a Christmas book by Dylan Thomas.
ANSWER: The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
12) Written by Ann Patchett, this book is about a party in South America where terrorists take everyone hostage.
ANSWER: Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
This Triviadventure is open until October 4th at 9pm PST. (2 weeks!) The winner will be picked by www.random.org and I will notify him/her within 24 hours. Only trivia entries with all correct answers will be considered. (Edit: I decided to accept up to one incorrect answer due to the number of entries with wrong answers) You must be a follower to enter. Extra entries for comments, following on Twitter and/or Facebook, and spreading the word. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! (or write them in your trivia answers box) Good luck!
CONTEST CLOSED. The winner is Penny B.!