1) This fall dystopian release features people living in a bubble and the title is something you do every day. (Answer: Breathe by Sarah Crossan)
2) One of my favorite books as a child was written by Margery Williams. Arguably her most famous work featured a particular animal made of something. That something is also the title of this book, published by an author from the Pacific Northwest. (Answer: Velveteen by Daniel Marks)
3) Set at Coral Tree Prep, a ritzy school in Los Angeles, the plot of this book revolves around the daughter of the principal and the son of Hollywood hotshots. (Answer: Epic Fail by Claire LeZebnik)
4) This book caused quite the drama on Goodreads earlier this year. It's a "girl in a dress" cover and the male lead's name always reminds me of The Karate Kid's "Wax On, Wax Off" part (though I'm sure the pronunciation isn't actually supposed to rhyme with Wax On) (Answer: The Selection by Kiera Cass)
5) There are eight girl characters in this novel: Danielle Demarco, Abby Warner, Candace Kincaid, Lauren Finn, Sarah Singer, Bridget Honeycutt, Jennifer Briggis, Margo Gable. But who's pretty and who's ugly? (Answer: The List by Siobhan Vivian)
6) The protagonist of this book has something in common with Tyrion Lannister, Willow, and Finbar McBride from The Station Agent. Somewhat based on historical fact, this story, by an author whose last name is also an ecosystem, ponders whether our destinies are predetermined. The main character is from Astraveld. (It's a fall release and the ecosystem is similar to a swamp) (Answer: Jepp, Who Defied the Stars by Katherine Marsh)
The winner of Box #1 is Ruby D.!
1) This historical, magical espionage fantasy was published in 2011 and contains beautiful illustrations and a crafty street urchin named Pip. (Answer: The Apothecary by Maile Meloy)
2) This book, which is about 15 year old Jeff's suicide attempt and subsequent stint in the mental ward of a hospital, is a lot more hilarious than it sounds. (Answer: Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford)
3) I have an extra copy of this, because it's my favorite work from my favorite Australian author. I am willing to part with it, as long as the winner promises to keep his or her hands off my cadet. (Answer: On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta)
4) Another of my favorite contemporary YA's, this emotionally draining read features a young girl named Deanna and her struggle with the derogatory labels she's given by her parents and peers. (Answer: Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr)
5) While this book wasn't for me, I am so happy to be able to pass on this fabbity fab fab read to someone who will give it a good home. (Answer: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison)
6) Gimme question - this is the sequel to the answer for question 5. (Answer: On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison)
The winner of Box #2 is Chrissia C.!
1) In the words of its author, this book is about "telepathic samurai girls & griffins in steampunk feudal Japan." (Answer: Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff)
2) Two heroines in this story - one dead lying on the side of a rural road, and another plotting her escape from the suffocating influence of her tiny, backwater hometown. (Answer: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield)
3) This Is Not actually about zombies, even though there are zombies in this novel. (Answer: This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers)
4) This book is just a few letters away from being Emily Bronte's famous broody masterpiece. Only it's funny, and involves hosiery and the THEATRE dahling, the theatre! (Answer: Withering Tights by Louise Rennison)
5) The hero of this novel has an uncanny resemblance to Percy Jackson, but his claim to fame is not of Olympus variety, but is connected to Atlantis. (Answer: The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson)
6) A post-graduation road trip, a dissolution of long friendship, music. Guess the name of the main characters' band, and you've guessed the title of this contemporary YA novel written by a Morris Award–finalist. (Answer: The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour)
The winner of Box #3 is Alana R.!